Monday 28 March 2011

Struck by lightning.....

In everyone person's life there are people that influence them in one way or another. From a photographic point of view one of mine is the late Peter Jarver.

Whilst my interest in photography peaked after the mainstream film age, meaning - I have never experienced true darkroom processing [sigh]. I have come to understand why many photographers I meet talk so foldly about the age of the darkroom. They tell me about that feeling of excitement and anticipation in the moments before their days photo work is exposed. The reason I mention this, is that I seem to get that excitement each time I look at Peter's work - especially his lightning work. Imagine the feeling going out and shooting in the middle of an electrical storm and having to wait to get home to find that you've shot some amazing images. From what I've seen, you won't find better lightning imagery anywhere in the world.
I was lucky enough to be involved in a whirlwide tour of some of Peter's work through Ken Duncan Galleries a few years ago. It was incredible to see in the flesh some of his, now sold out, images. Below I have included a few of my favourite lightning shots. Some of them are still available, starting from a mere $17,000. Yes I can hear you say "a mere 17 grand!". Yes! It's a small price to pay for some amazing imagery from an award winning photographer. If you still think it still a little bit pricey, then just enjoy it through my blog or visit Peter's website here.

See what you think, I'm sure you'll be amazed.

Black Lightning  -   SOLD OUT
"Black Lightning" SOLD OUT © Peter Jarver
 
Sunset Lightning - SOLD OUT
"Sunset Ligthning" SOLD OUT © Peter Jarver
 
Thunderbolt
"Thunderbolt" © Peter Jarver






No comments:

Post a Comment